- Lash Sorcerer
- 10 Chaos Space Marines w/ Asp Champ w/ Powerfist, Undivided Icon, Plasma gun, Heavy Bolter
- 9 Thousand Sons w/ Sorcerer w/ Doombolt
- 8 Bezerkers w/ Skull champ w/ Powerfist, 2x Plasma pistols. Mounted in a Land Raider w/ extra armour
- 4 Bikers w/ Champion w/ Powerfist, 2x Plasma guns, Icon of Nurgle
- 7 Raptors w/ Asp Champ, Lightning Claws, 2x Flamers, Icon of Slaanesh
- 2 Obliterators
- Defiler w/ extra CCW and Reaper Autocannon
Raptors too would probably take a bit of attention since their aim was to get in combat fast and try and hit first. The rest of the force was essentially taken to try and test possibilities. I'd not really used the cult units in the previous editions - I'd only assembled the Plague Marines prior to 6th ed preparations, so I wanted to trial the Bezerkers and the Thousand Sons.
The Bikes targeted the Commander's unit taking out most of the drones which the Thousand Sons then also fired upon removing the remaining Drones and one of the bodyguard retinue. The Bikes then charged and won the combat against the commanders unit, but the unit managed to flee, thus meaning that they would keep safely out of charge range if they regrouped, which they would do.
- model placement within the unit, remember to make use of the secondary objectives,
- use your grenades at range (I didn't really cover it much here, but I did make use of throwing the odd Krak grenade at the Piranhas - stupid Jink Saves)
- move skimmers - Jink saves can be a real boon
- remember to state when particular models remain stationary in a moving unit.
- Remember overwatch